Dakota Lithium - 48V15A Charger
48v 15A | Red/Black ( 48V DL Charger ) Sold Out
$$ Sales Price $$
- FOR 48 VOLT LITHIUM BATTERIES We highly recommend you use a LiFePO4 compatible charger. 48v chargers for lead acid batteries may work, but will decrease performance and lifespan of the battery.
- CHARGER RATING INPUT 100-240 volts, 50/60HZ. OUTPUT: 57.6 volts, 15.0 amps
- TERMINAL CONNECTIONS Anderson SB 50 connections make it easy to connect your charger to the battery. Install the ring terminals using the bolts on your terminals. Bolt black to your black terminal. Red to your red terminal. Do not short circuit. Then connect the charger via the Anderson plug when you need to charge. Red light on the charger will turn on when charging. Light turns green when the battery is full.
- SMART BMS COMMUNICATION Charger will restart or "wake up" a Dakota Lithium BMS that has turned off a battery due to short circuit or excessive amp draw. Simply connect the charger to the battery to initiate a restart.
- HOW FAST WILL MY BATTERY CHARGE? Charges at a rate of 15 amps. To determine your charging speed take the amp hour rating of your battery and divide by 15. For example, a 48v 50 amp hour battery (Ah) would charge in 3.5 hours.
- CAN I CHARGE MY BATTERY FASTER? For most applications a charging time of 3 - 10 hours provides the longest lifespan for your battery. But if you have an application where you need rapid charging Dakota Lithium batteries can be safely charged in up to 1 hour (at a rate of 1C). For example, you could use a 15 amp 48V charger with a 15 Ah 48V battery for a 1 hour charge time. Charging at a 1 hour rate does reduce the lifespan over time. In our laboratory testing we found that the longest lifespan for Dakota Lithium batteries was at a charging speed of 0.3C or less (we recommend that the charger amp rating is 1/3 or less of the battery amp hour rating for longest lifespan).
- WHAT VOLTAGE SHOULD LIFEPO4 BATTERIES BE CHARGED AT: 57.6 volts is recommended for 48v Dakota Lithium (LiFePO4) batteries. This charger charges at 57.6 volts.
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:
This firehose of power is optimized to charge large 48 Volt batteries FAST while ensuring a long battery lifespan. Designed for use by our Team Dakota Lithium pro staff who need to charge quickly between tournaments, this 15 amp (15A) charger will charge a 48V 50Ah battery in 3 hours, and a 100Ah battery bank in <6.5 hours. Dakota Lithium has optimized this charger for use with our lithium iron phosphate batteries (LiFePO4 or LFP). Not recommended for charging lead acid or SLA batteries, it is too powerful. Built in a high tensile aluminum case for rapid cooling, this 48V charger is rated at 15 amps and is an upgrade for those of you who need to charge fast and play hard. All Dakota Lithium batteries should be charged using a LiFePO4 compatible charger like this one. SLA chargers will reduce the performance and lifespan of the battery.
- CHARGING 48 VOLT BATTERIES FAST
- CHARGES A 48V 15AH BATTERY IN AN HOUR
- OPTIMAL FOR LARGER 48V BATTERIES
- LIFEPO4 COMPATIBLE CHARGER
- LITHIUM TITINATE OXIDE (LTO) BATTERY CHARGER